Key tips for installation and maintenance of craft beer equipment
(1): Pre-treatment of new equipment: The mash tun that has just been installed needs to be cleaned with clean water to clean up the dirty things in the mash tun. For those with heating tubes, a leak test is required. Add water to the saccharification tun and over the heating tubes to see if the heating tubes are leaking. If there is leakage, tighten the screws to ensure safety. (Supporting tools) If there is an electric steam boiler or gas boiler, heat the mash pot and check whether the boiler is operating normally. The boilers are equipped with water treatment (softened water), which softens the tap water and uses it in the boiler.
Water softening effect： Unsoftened water is prone to scaling. Due to the continuous evaporation of steam, the concentration of calcium, magnesium and impurities in the water in the boiler is very high - 30-50 times that of natural water. The speed of scaling is beyond our imagination. It only takes half a year to a year to form scale 1-2mm. Scale is extremely harmful. In severe cases, it can cause the boiler to burst! The thermal conductivity of scale and metal is compared. The thermal conductivity of scale is only about 0.5% of that of metal. After the boiler is scaled, in order to achieve the thermal efficiency without scale, it is necessary to increase the temperature of the heating surface. For example, the temperature of the furnace wall is 250 ℃. To achieve the same thermal efficiency, the wall temperature must be increased to 650 °C, the heat absorption rate is extremely low, and the energy consumption increases. 1. Scale has three main hazards:
( 1 ) Reduce heat absorption, reduce boiler thermal efficiency, waste fuel, and increase boiler operating costs.
(2) Scaling causes the temperature of the furnace wall to increase exponentially, the stress of the steel is broken, the strength is reduced, and in severe cases, bursting occurs, which reduces the service life.
(3) Affect the quality of steam, causing calcium and magnesium ions in the steam to easily cause scaling and blockage of boiler accessories (safety valves, pressure gauges, pressure controllers, etc.) and steam appliances (such as irons, etc.). 2. Three reasons for using softened water:
(1) Necessary according to the "Steam (Hot Water) Boiler Safety Technical Supervision Regulations". ( 2 ) Maintain thermal efficiency, save fuel, improve steam quality and prolong life. The furnace is generally made of 20# steel pipe with a thickness of 3-4mm. The inside of the pipe is water, and the outside of the pipe is fire. After a long time, the scale on the inner wall of the pipe will thicken, and the outside of the pipe will be washed by strong flames (especially for side-fired vertical furnaces). The high temperature of the steel pipe may easily cause the steel pipe to burst. Due to the internal structure of the boiler, it is generally impossible to weld and repair, and can only be scrapped. Is there any way to soften the water to meet the requirements of "Pot Regulations"
1. Add softener to tap water: According to the results of water quality test, add an appropriate amount of softener every day. The scale of this method is difficult to grasp, and the effect is generally not good.
2. Use a fully automatic water softener: working principle: use the ion tree fingering method to absorb calcium and magnesium ions in the water, so as to achieve ideal softened water. There will be a layer of grease on the surface of new equipment, and food-grade sodium hydroxide is required for cleaning. Add 2/3 tap water to the saccharification pot, heat, 3% mixture of 80-90 degrees hot water and alkali (alkali tablet needs to be melted), soak for 2 hours, circulate with wort pump for 1 hour, and the pipeline also needs to be cleaned . After cleaning, clean the residual alkali with clean water, clean the inner wall of the mash tun with a water gun, and clean the alkali stains on the wall, then use phosphoric acid or citric acid 2% to wash in a cycle, and finally boil hot water to wash in a cycle. The cleaning principle of the lauter tank and the rotary sinker is the same, and the plate heat exchanger also needs to be cleaned by circulating the lye through the wort pump.
(2): Maintenance of the saccharification system in the later stage: After each brewing, use a high-pressure water gun to clean the residual wheat residue wall in the tank, and clean the saccharification pipeline with tap water to avoid residual waste residue. Especially if there is wheat grain attached to the heating tube, clean it up as soon as possible to prevent the pot from sticking again next time. After the plate heat exchanger is put into the tank, it is first washed with tap water, and finally backwashed, and finally the water in the plate heat exchanger is blown out with oxygen or carbon dioxide to prevent the water from becoming smelly after a long time. If you don’t make wine for a long time, the saccharification system needs to be cleaned with hot alkaline water, the method is the same as the cleaning process of the new tank, especially the plate heat exchanger should be cleaned. The clamp connection of the pipe fittings of the saccharification system needs to be tightened after a period of use to prevent leakage and injury during use.
Three: Maintenance of the control cabinet.
1: Pre-wiring of the control cabinet, three live wires, one neutral wire and one ground wire. If there is a need to crimp the wire nose, it must be pressed firmly with a wire crimping pliers (the wire nose corresponds to the size of the cable), and wrapped with insulating tape.
2: The wiring in the cabinet and component terminals should be fastened once every six months. Tighten with the main power cord disconnected.
3: Vacuum the cabinet once a month. 4: The control cabinet should be installed away from water sources, and the iron control cabinet needs to be raised to prevent rust and rot from contact with water.
Four: Daily maintenance of the fermenter.
1: Before the fermenter is used, it is necessary to carry out a pressure-holding leak test. Tighten the clamp, keep the pressure with water or compressed air, the pressure gauge is 0.2MP, one day. The value of the pressure gauge of the fermenter remains unchanged, indicating that there is no air leakage, which meets the production requirements and can be used.
2: Fermentation tank cleaning. There is a cleaning ball in the fermenter. The pressure of the tap water must reach 0.2MP, so that the cleaning ball can rotate quickly and clean 360 degrees without dead ends. If the pressure does not meet the requirements, water needs to be added to the mash tun and cleaned with a washing pump. Water washing (tap water)→alkali washing (food grade sodium hydroxide, mixed dilution concentration 3%, temperature 55 degrees, washing pump circulation for 20 minutes)→phosphoric acid or citric acid (food grade, mixed dilution concentration 2%., circulation with washing pump 10 minutes) water washing (tap water cleaning,) → hydrogen peroxide washing (food grade, mixed with tap water to dilute concentration 1%, cycle cleaning for 20 minutes). When the beer in the fermenter is emptied, because the inner wall of the tank will have fermented yeast sludge and residual yeast residue from fermentation, we need to clean the fermenter in time, otherwise it will be difficult to clean it after it dries. The fermenter has been used for a long time, and the clamp needs to be tightened again to prevent leakage.
3: Maintenance of the fermenter solenoid valve and temperature probe. The power supply of the solenoid valve is 24V, it is best not to contact with water, and check the flow of the solenoid valve frequently. The temperature probe is prone to condensation, check and remove it frequently. Refrigerant pipelines should be re-tightened with pipe wrench to prevent leakage.
Five: Daily maintenance of ice water tanks and refrigerators.
1: Maintenance of ice water tank.
The ice water tank has a liquid level. We mark the liquid level tube to know the volume of the refrigerant in the tank. After a long time, when the liquid level drops, we need to add corresponding 95% alcohol to supplement the lost alcohol to meet our needs. Concentration, cooling effect. The pipeline between the ice water tank and the ice water pump should be tightened frequently to avoid leakage.
2: Routine maintenance of the refrigerator.
① For copper tube refrigerators, mainly check the high pressure gauge and low pressure gauge of the refrigerator. The refrigerator has a pressure control, if the pressure is too low, the refrigerator will not start, if it is too high, it will not start. Copper tube nuts should be tightened accordingly after a long time to prevent fluorine leakage. The refrigerator has three live wires, one neutral wire and one ground wire, and the terminals should also be fastened.
② Keep the main unit clean.
③ Check whether the various parts of the host are loose or damaged.
④ Check whether there is refrigerant leakage, check whether the pressure of the pressure gauge is 0, or whether there is a drop from the normal reading value, and check for leakage by visually checking whether there are oil stains or refrigerant leakage at the joints of the pipelines or parts assembly. , and use soapy water or a refrigerant leak detector to confirm whether there is any leakage.
⑤ Check whether the external chain circuit, flow switch and water pipeline water temperature, water pressure and water flow are normal, and whether the exhaust has been completely exhausted.
⑥ Check whether the power supply is normal before and after starting up.
⑦ Check whether there is abnormal vibration and noise after turning on the machine.
⑧ After starting up, check whether the high and low pressures are normal.
⑨ After starting up, check whether the host starts, stops, and temperature control is normal.
⑩Record the operating status of the main engine; voltage, current, high and low pressure, temperature and pressure of water entering and leaving the condenser and evaporator. The lubricating oil in the compressor has been installed during the production of the main engine, so it does not need to be filled again. Unless the unit needs to be replenished when the unit is dismantled and repaired. When the unit has abnormal conditions, professional and technical personnel should be notified for inspection and maintenance.
Six: Daily maintenance of the pulverizer.
1: Frequently check whether there are foreign objects and impurities in the hopper of the pulverizer, check whether the fasteners on the pulverizer are loose, the tightness of the pulverizer drive belt and the reliability of each safety protection device. Regularly clean the rollers (or grinding discs) of the pulverizer.
2: Regularly check the wiring terminals for looseness, and fix them firmly.
Seven: CIP cleaning routine maintenance.
1: Pay attention to the concentration of alkaline water in the alkaline water tank at any time. If the concentration of alkaline water is too low or too turbid, it can no longer be used for washing and should be replaced in time.
2: Pay attention to the concentration of alkaline water in the alkaline water tank at any time. If the concentration of alkaline water is found to be too low or too turbid, it can no longer be used for washing and should be replaced in time. The concentration of alkaline water is 3%, mixed with food-grade sodium hydroxide at 60 degrees, and the lye tank can be heated.
3: Disinfection tank, containing the mixture of food-grade hydrogen peroxide and tap water, the concentration is 1%. When the concentration is not enough or turbid, replace it in time.
4: The control system, power cord and components on the disinfection vehicle need to be fastened accordingly to ensure safe operation.
Everyone is welcome to come and communicate with each other, and make progress together. Laofu is waiting for you. . .
No content yet!